Sunday, July 29, 2012

Alexander Wayne

For those of you who don't know my younger sister Teanna was able to bring a little miracle into the world. Teanna found out last June that she was pregnant and immediately moved in with us. Teanna had one of the toughest decisions a head of her to make and I admired her strength each and everyday. Teanna decided to place her child with one of the most wonderful families I had ever met. Not only would Teanna's son have wonderful parent's he also got the most adorable older brother and sister. We spent the last few months of her pregnancy getting to know the family and Teanna and the family decided to have an open adoption. I was unaware of what this was until then. There are so many different options for adoption and Teanna and the family made the best decision for them.

Alexander (Xander) Wayne was born February 10. I was able to be with Teanna and my Mom as she gave birth. I was a little hesitant at first but I am so glad I was there. It was truly the most beautiful thing I have ever witnessed. Words truly cannot describe how I felt in that moment. I have gained the most incredible testimony on the meaning of life and family. Going through the adoption process with my family has been the hardest thing I have ever been through but it has also been the most amazing  blessing.





No comments:

Post a Comment