Thursday, May 19, 2011

1st Anniversary




Michael and I celebrated our first anniversary on May 8. Due to the fact that it was Mother's day weekend we both had to work. We ended up getting a couples message and a lovely dinner out. I really thought that a couples message would be so romantic and just what we needed to relax a little. I was so wrong! It was Michael's first time getting a message. He was a bit nervous but I insisted that he would love it! We got into the room and got comfy. The ladies must have thought I was crazy because as soon as the messages started I couldn't help but smile and hold in my laughing. I just kept thinking of what Michael was thinking. He's a bit of a baby when it comes to messages. If someone could scratch his back for an hour he'd be happy. In his pre interview he told her that he didn't want anything rough. But this lady went at it. She was cracking his neck, basically drumming on his back and digging into his skin. My message was incredible but I couldn't fully enjoy listening to Michael in pain. Needless to say it was not romantic but we left laughing about it. Afterwards we grabbed a quick bit and went home to eat our wedding cake and watch a move together. The next day on our real anniversary Michael had to work so we got all dressed up that night and went to a really nice dinner. The best part about being married is being with my best friend all the time. Michael brings so much joy and happiness into my life. He makes me a better person and I can't imagine my life without him. Everyone told us that the fist year of marriage is the hardest, if that is true then I have an amazing life ahead of me. I love you Michael :)

No comments:

Post a Comment